0745 – Brett has confirmed the course will be closed today (ducks excepted).
Did you know the full results (including prizes) are posted on this website? Click on ‘Golf’ then ‘Results’ in the header, then click on the date of the competition. Results are usually posted the following day.
As you know, we have significant drainage work going on around the 16th this week. The hole will be closed from today. All going to plan, it will be back in play for Saturday. In the meantime, please note:
- Access to the 17th will be via the old road to the right of 16.
- Competition players to record 2 stableford points on score card for 16th hole.
- Once the hole is back in play a drop zone will be provided for relief, clear of the new works.
We’re working hard to stay open for you.
Staying open means our members and visitors can continue the enjoyment of social golf through these challenging times. Imagine how much more bleak things could feel without being able to enjoy a bit of sunshine and exercise in one of our favourite places!
The truth is though, like many sports clubs, our revenues have taken a big hit, and without that, it’s going to be difficult to keep meeting our ongoing operating expenses.
We’ve partnered with the Australian Sports Foundation to start this campaign to raise funds to help cover these expenses.
- Any donation, big or small will help.
- You can make it a one-off, or setup a monthly donation.
- Donations are tax-deductible.
- It’s quick and easy using this link.
We know some of our supporters are planning to donate what they would usually have spent in comp fees (and some are going to throw in their bar spend as well!).
We’d love you to share this with friends and visitors who are also enjoying our welcoming atmosphere and being able to play our glorious course during this time. Stay safe!
KBGC is doing all we can to remain open and provide a safe way to continue playing and exercising in accordance with the Government restrictions.
Competition golf has now been suspended. Social golf continues to be available:
- for individual play or maximum of 2 players per tee time
- only when a tee time has been booked
- Members – book online as usual
- Visitors – must contact the Pro Shop to book on
No booking – no golf. Holes must be played in order.
Before you leave home
- Please arrive no more than 30 minutes prior to your tee time to reduce the number of people around the building/practice area.
- Tee times are now in 12 minute intervals.
- Do not come to the club if you have a cold or similar symptoms. Call and cancel your booking and notify us if you have played in the last 14 days. Consider your own health and that of fellow golfers.
- If your symptoms develop into a confirmed case of COVID-19 advise the Club or ask someone close to you to advise the Club so that appropriate measures can be put in place in liaison with the Tasmanian Department of Health.
- Adhere to all guidelines; if you don’t, we will ask you to exit the course and if required, we may call Tasmania Police to assist with enforcing the guidelines.
- Check-in at the Pro-shop
- Use the sanitiser at the door for use before you enter
- Limit of one person in the shop at a time, along with Brett
- Stand behind the line of tape on the floor to conduct your transaction and minimise your time in the shop
- Cashless payments only – that means use tap and go or ask Brett to charge your account
- There are no communal sand buckets; everyone must either bring their own or purchase one from the pro shop for $4. It is imperative to do this – we want to keep our course in the beautiful condition it is in.
- Cart use will be single person only regardless of whether they are hired or owned by members
- Brett will sanitise hire carts between each use, however if hiring a cart you may want to do this yourself also
- Thorough handwashing continues to be the best thing to do – often!
- Disinfectant spray is on benches for use to keep surfaces hygienic
- Bathrooms are cleaned by our contractor twice weekly
Food & drinks
- The pro shop is the only on-premise option to purchase small snacks and drinks
- You are welcome to byo food and drinks as usual
- We recommend you byo sanitiser to keep on you and use regularly
Practice area and on course
- Maintain appropriate distance from your partner and anyone else you encounter. If you can see the green and the two players in front of you have not moved to the next hole, do NOT tee off until they have. In the event you cannot see the green from the tee and then you can see the two players in front of you on the fairway or green when you get to your ball, cease play until they have completed the hole and left the green.
- Bunkers – all rakes have been removed – smooth sand with your feet and club.
- Flagsticks are to remain in the hole at all times; do not touch or remove them. A piece of pool noodle has been placed on the bottom of the flag to keep balls out of the bottom of the cup, but allow the ball to enter and be more easily retrieved. Don’t putt from inside 60cm – consider the next putt as holed (gimme’s are okay to keep play moving).
- Order of holes – holes must be played in order; no cutting from the 7th to the 16th. If only playing 9 holes, then play 1-9 in order.
- Don’t use the ball cleaners or bubbler
- Disinfectant spray is in the course bathroom to sanitise surfaces
After the game
- Don’t shake hands at the end – keep your distance and look for other creative ways to acknowledge your playing group.
- Let the Pro know you’ve finished and leave the course so that we can maintain correct numbers
- All members are asked to proactively monitor behaviour. Any issues or concerns about anyone not abiding by these protocols should be reported to the Pro shop or Club Captain David Pretyman on 0419 878 533.
Susan, Brett and the course staff are continuing to work with appropriate measures in place in their work areas. The office is however closed for all intents and purposes. Susan has been instructed to only answer phone and email enquiries, so please do not interrupt her if she is in the office.
If you have any other suggestions, concerns or questions, please contact us at [email protected].
Given our individual and collective responsibilities for social distancing and other measures, we have decided to close JT’s to Friday night dining. The closure takes effect today, until further notice. We will continue to serve a simple menu during daytime golfing periods. Stay well everyone.
Please respect your fellow members, visitors and our staff, by keeping informed about, and complying with the latest public health requirements aimed at reducing the spread of the virus.
In particular, please:
- do not attend the club within 14 days of returning from overseas travel
- do not attend the club if you are feeling unwell with flu-like symptoms – as a precaution, we are also extending this request to people with the common cold, as flu-like symptoms may be masked by the cold symptoms. If you have a cold or any other flu-like symptoms, please do not come to the club.
- use the hand sanitiser in the Pro Shop both before and after printing your card
- use the hand sanitiser in the foyer both before and after entering your score, and
- practice good hygiene and handwashing at all times.